We are firmly within the storm of our desert season as is seen in the multiple of stories about our Coachella Valley cities.
Take a look through them stories and learn more about what's going on, what to do and where to go.
· According to The Desert Sun, Captain James T. Kirk is wandering around the Coachella Valley along with Back to the Future's Doc Emmett Brown. Anyone know about flying cars?
· The Los Angeles Times reports that Hollywood's Golden Age actor Cary Grant's playground is up for grabs at $13 million. It comes complete with three residences and 14 bedrooms.
· Wanna live in an 'agri-hood'? Wanna know what one is? Look no further than the Orange Country Register story on Miralon.
· The Yard House's General Manager wins a national award from her company according to Palm Desert Patch.
· Palm Desert gets tougher on short term rentals.
· "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" rolls into town at the Palm Canyon Theater. Based on the movie of the same name, the show highlighting disco tunes and drag queens begins October 26 and ends November 12.
· The annual Coachella Music Festival shows no sign of slowing down. It was the first annual music showcase to surpass the $100 million dollar mark reports Forbes.
· The Family YMCA in Coachella celebrates 35 years of being a community resource states the Patch. Happy Birthday!
· Time to get your pumpkin on. According to the Desert Sun, all three of the Coachella Valley's certified organic farmers markets sell the big squash. Did you know that nearly 1.5 billion (!) pumpkins are sold annually? You do now.