We are in the throes of the Coachella Valley season when the snowbirds fly in from their chilly residences keeping themselves warm in our California desert. In planes, trains, and automobiles they come looking for things to do, places to sun and places to buy in our arid paradise.
- Gay Pride Weekend is November 3 – 5. It will be a busy desert. Check the Visit Palm Springs Guide for all things LGBTQ friendly.
- College of the Desert in Palm Desert for the past 30 years has played host to a street fair. Opened year round nearly 350 vendors and food purveyors hold court selling their wares and gourmet bites. Every Saturday.
- HITS (“Horse shows In the Sun”) starts their National Sunshine Series awarding over $1 million in prize money during two weeks in Southern California late fall. The events take place in Thermal at HITS Desert Horse Park in Thermal and include USEF Premier-rated Hunters and 5*/6* Jumpers. It features a $200,000 Sunshine Grand Prix FEI CSI4*, a $50,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby, the West Coast Pony Finals, the Zone 10 Age Group Equitation Championships and the inaugural NCEA Junior Medal Finals West. The competition schedule features deluxe hospitality services and gourmet cuisine to complement this elite fall series.
- Cathedral City's 4th Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival begins, November 17 – 19. Eat, drink, ride in tethered balloons and watch them rise-up in the early morning. It’s a beautiful thing.
- Martha’s Village and Kitchen is one of the largest providers of food and housing for the homeless in Coachella and Riverside. On Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 23rd), participate in their 11th Annual 5k when thousands of participants walk, run or walk/run to the finish line doing something good for themselves and others.